SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY: It is understood that some members may like to publish photographs from walks on social media platforms. Due to the sensitivity of many of the areas we walk in (cultural, environmental, National Park, private property) we ask that members and guests refrain from outlining specific details of the walk. For example, access, route taken etc.
GRADING OF WALKS:
We use the Australian Walking Tracks Grading System (click on the link below for details). This grading is as used by NSW National Parks and gives a grade of 1 - 5 with 5 being the hardest.
Please be aware of the COVID-19 protocols at the time of the walk and check for any changes that may occur leading up to the day.
Covid-19: There are still some restrictions in place in NSW that we need to adhere to. See (click on link)
- If you are feeling unwell or have any symptoms associated with Covid-19, please stay at home and get tested.
- Maintain good hand hygiene.
- Maintain social distancing of 1.5 m
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue or your elbow.
A reminder that membership renewals are due from January each year.
See the Membership Section for details.
Saturday November 21
Big Tuckers Nob from Urumbilum (Bob & Alissa lead).
- Category: Hard (Grade 5).
- Some river walking and/or rock-hopping
- 2 small waterfalls and a cute swimming hole
- All off-track.
- Some rough(ish) bush-bashing, but very few Wait-a-whiles.
- Some steep ascents and descents.
- Rock scrambling on final ascend to Tucker's Nob.
- Nice views at the top, an interesting variety of flora and landscape features, possible swimming.
- Photo-op with the actual "Tucker's Nob" sign (the one that most guides say is impossible to reach!).
Bob to lead. Contact: 0409 933 002. This walk will be limited to a maximum of 8 people.
An alternative easier walk is likely to be offered as well. More information to follow.
Tuesday December 8:
Annual General Meeting: All members are encouraged to attend.
We are currently planning for a 5pm start at one of the shelters at the Jetty area. This may change and details to follow.